Friday, May 6, 2011

Picking up the Ladies: Kevin-style

So walking home from the bus last night I had an interesting experience:

This random, scrawny, bearded, bedraggled, rather scraggly older guy who was leaning up against the grocery store suddenly called out "Hey!"

For a second I wasn't sure he was talking to me as it's a fairly busy street but then he called out again while looking right at me,

"Hey there!  
Come over here!  
Come talk to me!  
Come on!  
It's ok!  
I've got beer!  
(he did too, I could see a 6-pack of Ranier tallboys through his plastic grocery bag)
My name's Kevin!  
Boy you sure are purdy!"

He paused between each line smiling goofily with his gap-toothed grin.  He was definitely drunk, and apparently really thought that line would work.

The whole situation was definitely bizarre, but the thing that sticks out the most was the fact that he yelled out "My name's Kevin!" so enthusiastically.  I'm still laughing over it.  (didn't work by the way)

So there's that.

A little absurdity for your Friday!  ;)

1 comment:

  1. Like a yappy dog that just keeps barking like its saying, "Hey! Hey! Hey!"

    Funny.

    ReplyDelete